Tuesday 30 April 2013

Event #6 HOMEMADE YOGHURT with REAL CULTURES

Yes, REAL cultures. Do you know why people keep saying yoghurt is good for your tummy? Well, like Kimchi, it is rich in probiotics.

How can YOU trust that my little homemade yoghurt has REAL cultures in them? Well, brace yourselves. Here is a picture of my family of friendly bacteria.

They love it here at Miksy's Playground, and I eat fresh yoghurt most mornings thanks to them. I infuse milk with the cultures for 24 hours, then sieve out the cultures to be left with a strong probiotic rich, fermented drink. This can be consumed raw or can be used to make a variety of fermented dairy products like yoghurt and cheese. This yoghurt is also a great buttermilk substitute for baking, a trick I learnt from my mommy.

My mom got these little cultures many years ago from her friend, my godmother, who lives on a dairy farm. Farmer woman are cool. Who needs shops when you live on a farm? Put me there with an in-tune grand piano, a sound production studio and an Internet connection and I'll be sorted for life.

I am offering you a taste of what the shops try to imitate.

R21 for 500ml of yoghurt
Orders close 10am on the 2nd of May 2013
Delivery to a Southern Suburbs location or pick up point included.




No comments:

Post a Comment